Whether you are a new fan of the stare-a-thon, or an old staring buddy we here at Viciously Sweet thank you for enjoying a month dedicated to staring at Isabel!
Now that the time has come to dismantle our newly purchased periscopes I can only tell you one thing..
I hope you bought that convenient periscope holder so you can store it until the next Stare-a-thon:
Remember you will be judged by other starers for improper periscopes use…You will be scoffed at by the throngs of starers who will say “Check out that periscopes current condition” and then they will full-heartedly guffaw at you, and then you will be all embarrassed and you will have to stare at home online by yourself… and not with the people.
Also remember there is also a closing ceremony next Monday.
I don’t get to say that I am the founder of many things. I mean I could say I’m the founder of Southern Canada, but that hasn’t happened yet. I could also say I created KFC, but yet again that is a lie. And I am super bad at telling the fibs.
What I can say is that 4 years ago I started a little tiny holiday that was supposed to celebrate my friend Isabel. For the following reasons:
1. She’s really awesome
2. She’s is about 120 miles away and its a bit far when you work the 9-5 and school 24/7
3. I like staring at things, and being in architecture school I didn’t get to see my pals for quite a long time.
So when I graduated I set a goal to “see” my friends, and at the same time create a holiday to celebrate her awesomeness.. So I got this brilliant idea to stare…. directly at Isabel, and I much like her truest love Clay Aiken I never want to stop looking at her.
Now we take a month to take in Isabel. And it’s a beautiful thing.
Also I hope everyone who is staring this year is enjoying their periscopes.
Good Afternoon Professional Quote of the Day Fans!
It’s time that time of the year to start…. getting more professional. And to get others into the professional spirit.
While gallantly trying to save my work computer from the virus filled world buzz feed created on it a few weeks ago. Eric had to call a few companies about the softest wares on my computer, and all their proper installations. When discussing my ability to make and use spread sheets he said today’s dandy professional quote.
And since I have no Photoshop to manipulate this event… I then collected the quote in a tiny mason jar tied it to 14 balloons, and sent it into the mountain air, and this is what the mountain returned to me.
Have you ever wondered when you are talking to me if I am interested in what you are talking to me about? I must tell you that if you are wondering you may already have your answer. Am I looking far away into space? Am I giggling in the middle of your words? Sorry about that friend, my brain goes at approximately 234 miles per second.
Now venture into the next zone carefully:
Firstly, ask yourself is this really news I need to hear? Be honest with yourself. If the answer is no… walk away, until you made your story into an awesome concoction that I can’t live without.
If your answer is yes, I need to know about it instantly. You may want to use some Lauren convo traps. (I have a feeling that giving away my secrets may be a huge mistake, but I want to hear about new and exciting things, trap me into learning!)
1. Have you mentioned “the Cure” in any way? Mentioning Robert Smith and his brethren of musical accompaniments may help me completely tune into what you are saying. Friday I’m in… totally listening to you.
2. Have you thought of mentioning 30 Rock? If not you should! You may just blow my mind grapes with your witty repertoire.
3. If you may be losing me in conversation don’t fret… bring up chickens! Be they fried, doodled, free range, applying for drivers licenses in Arkansas… I’m there.
4. Art, lets talk about it.. Mondrian, Hopper, Munch, Shag, Bob Dob, Utrillo, Kahlo…
5. Am I going to get a present at the end of this conversation? Just give me a present. People should really give me more presents anyway.
6. Lets talk architecture. This is separate from art, because it is kind of my real profession and all.Tell me about your favorite building mid convo, I want to know about it. And if you can weave that into the story your telling… all the better.
7. This thing you are talking about… are you super passionate about it? Does it drive your existence? I love to hear that kind of stuff… I mean if you are really into your story… How could it not become a classic for all ages?
8. Are you talking about an instance that happened to someone I know… that always helps, so I can imagine… I’m usually hoping for a funny circumstance or something… But if its someone I don’t really like- like at all, lets not tell the story. Let’s instead talk about #1-7.
And that is really it. Help me become a better listener! I really want to hear all about that really cool thing that happened to you that one time when that other thing happened.
I hope you are having a lovely Tuesday. On this December 13th (7 days left, OMG) I bring to you a British fan of gazing at Isabel yes Declan McManus international jewel thief is an avid starer- I mean Elvis Costello, yes Elvis Costello… he like to stare:
His Stare is True
Have a funtastic stare day! I’m working on a beautiful post!
It’s that magical time of the day where I need to quote my ever so professional co-worker. Sadly, the Professional Quote of the Day has not been in daily observance due to the importance of the Isabel Stare-A-thon 2011.
Frankly, I cannot take my eyes off of my periscope pointed San Diego way to get a steady flow of professional quotes a happening this holiday season.
But today is different. Today is a quote I have been saving for a special occasion, and this cold rainy afternoon is that very occasion. So without further ado I present to you a Professional Christmas Quote:
Don’t you love the joy of Eric’s professional words in glittery Christmas text?