Since my return to the internet. I have not even come close to catching up on all the things I’ve missed.
But whilst perusing some of the internets I particularly love I found that Jen from Sips Of Jen and Tonic made a fabulous post about Sakura-Con. And where I have not Con’d in a while I still appreciate it. Read her post here.
And Then when I scrolled down the page of her post I feel like I met my destiny. To clarify she did not have a strikingly handsome picture of Jon Hamm posted on her site… what she did have is a picture of a glorious Toast costume.
And it was like this kismet moment that only happens in a Meg Ryan movie. I just knew that someday I needed to be dressed like a toast. That toast is my Sleepless in Seattle, it is my Joe Fox.
And that brings me to sharing today’s doodle:
And because she helped me find the defining moment in my toast loving life I give this tribute to Jen (I hope you like it):
Thank you for finding the toast of my dreams!
♥ and lollipops,
Have you ever wondered when you are talking to me if I am interested in what you are talking to me about? I must tell you that if you are wondering you may already have your answer. Am I looking far away into space? Am I giggling in the middle of your words? Sorry about that friend, my brain goes at approximately 234 miles per second.
Now venture into the next zone carefully:
Firstly, ask yourself is this really news I need to hear? Be honest with yourself. If the answer is no… walk away, until you made your story into an awesome concoction that I can’t live without.
If your answer is yes, I need to know about it instantly. You may want to use some Lauren convo traps. (I have a feeling that giving away my secrets may be a huge mistake, but I want to hear about new and exciting things, trap me into learning!)
1. Have you mentioned “the Cure” in any way? Mentioning Robert Smith and his brethren of musical accompaniments may help me completely tune into what you are saying. Friday I’m in… totally listening to you.
2. Have you thought of mentioning 30 Rock? If not you should! You may just blow my mind grapes with your witty repertoire.
3. If you may be losing me in conversation don’t fret… bring up chickens! Be they fried, doodled, free range, applying for drivers licenses in Arkansas… I’m there.
4. Art, lets talk about it.. Mondrian, Hopper, Munch, Shag, Bob Dob, Utrillo, Kahlo…
5. Am I going to get a present at the end of this conversation? Just give me a present. People should really give me more presents anyway.
6. Lets talk architecture. This is separate from art, because it is kind of my real profession and all.Tell me about your favorite building mid convo, I want to know about it. And if you can weave that into the story your telling… all the better.
7. This thing you are talking about… are you super passionate about it? Does it drive your existence? I love to hear that kind of stuff… I mean if you are really into your story… How could it not become a classic for all ages?
8. Are you talking about an instance that happened to someone I know… that always helps, so I can imagine… I’m usually hoping for a funny circumstance or something… But if its someone I don’t really like- like at all, lets not tell the story. Let’s instead talk about #1-7.
And that is really it. Help me become a better listener! I really want to hear all about that really cool thing that happened to you that one time when that other thing happened.
Oprah’s constant words of hope and change were once soothing to Eric. But sudden surprises of Obama were too much to bare…the chick flicks, hte loofas, and especially when Obama started eating the fries off of Eric’s plate at dinner… a step too far.
He knew he needed space… As Eric ran screaming from the London Eye where Obama and Oprah were sharing a bag roasted almonds. He ran into the arms of the ladies and by ladies we mean… Britain’s hot mess Amy Winehouse.
Oprah was left brokenhearted, with only her magazine and her money to console her.
It is a well known fact that Christine likes her men old, and wrinkly. (Ahem, Dave Foley and Alex Trebek) But Christine’s search for the affections of the elderly have gotten her into trouble a few times… (not just that time at Coco’s early bird buffet.)
There was once a moment where Christine could have ripped a family man from his den of iniquity. Yes, that is correct… she once had stolen the affection of acclaimed actor Brad Pitt. He showered her in pizookies and BJ’s paraphernalia, he took her to London (she totally lied about going to school,) they danced the night away on private Margarita Mondays… and then one day she realized that if he left Angelina he would show up with boatload of kids to her apartment… an actual BOATLOAD and Claremont is no where near the water!!
She knew their love could no longer thrive as it once had…