Toasty Fashions

17 Apr

Since my return to the internet. I have not even come close to catching up on all the things I’ve missed.

But whilst perusing some of the internets I particularly love I found that Jen from Sips Of Jen and Tonic made a fabulous post about Sakura-Con. And where I have not Con’d in a while I still appreciate it. Read her post here.

And Then when I scrolled down the page of her post I feel like I met my destiny. To clarify she did not have a strikingly handsome picture of Jon Hamm posted on her site… what she did have is a picture of a glorious Toast costume.

This Toast Equivalent of Tom Hanks is brought to this site by Jen of Sips of Jen and Tonic

And it was like this kismet moment that only happens in a Meg Ryan movie. I just knew that someday I needed to be dressed like a toast. That toast is my Sleepless in Seattle, it is my Joe Fox.

And that brings me to sharing today’s doodle:

And because she helped me find the defining moment in my toast loving life I give this tribute to Jen (I hope you like it):

Thanks Jen for giving me this new toasty dream!

Thank you for finding the toast of my dreams!
β™₯ and lollipops,
Lauren

23 Responses to “Toasty Fashions”

1. Jen and Tonic April 17, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Reblogged this on Sips of Jen and Tonic and commented:
    There are three reasons you need to hop on over to Viciously Sweet’s blog:

(1) She has amazing illustrations that just make life better

(2) She blogs about the professional knowledge her coworker, Eric, drops on the office. You don’t want to miss his nuggets of wisdom.

(3) This post features toast, talk of Jon Hamm’s sexiness, and a picture that makes me appear 100 times better looking than I do in real life.

Viva Viciously Sweet!

2. Jen and Tonic April 17, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

I literally jumped up and down when I saw your illustrations. SO COOL! I definitely think you look great as a piece of toast, and I love the flair of your jelly center. You rock my socks.

This made my day :)

• Viciously Sweet April 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

I was hoping you would like Doodle Jen! Thanks again for the inspiration!

3. kelsgonebush April 17, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

And to top it off he has a mustache !!!! It was meant to be ;D xx

4. Maylin G April 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

This is badass! Jen is one of my favorites!

• Viciously Sweet April 18, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Me too! She is one of the best… and it was fun to draw her!

5. kawashimadesigns April 17, 2012 at 10:05 pm #

loved the jelly belly action you had going on your toast!

• Viciously Sweet April 18, 2012 at 8:52 am #

Thanks, jelly is an important part of my toast experience!

6. trjensen April 18, 2012 at 12:45 am #

I nominated you for a blog award! You can find out the details here… http://narcissistsblog.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/beautiful-blogger-award/
    Congratulations Lovely!

7. Janene April 18, 2012 at 6:06 am #

Ha ha! Love the jelly belly action! I, too, have never dressed up as toast. Now I must.

• Viciously Sweet April 18, 2012 at 8:53 am #

Glad you enjoyed it! I hope toasty costumes are the next craze that sweeps the nation!

8. Main Street Musings Blog April 18, 2012 at 6:34 am #

I declare a “toast” to this amusing post!

• Viciously Sweet April 18, 2012 at 8:54 am #

Oh, you totally got me giggling! A pun and a rhyme in one comment! That made my day!

9. Katy April 18, 2012 at 10:54 am #

I love the illustration of Jen in her Expats Post T-shirt! LOVE, LOVE! :-)

• Viciously Sweet April 18, 2012 at 11:54 am #

Thank you! It was so fun to doodle Jen, she is one of my favorites!

10. Lafemmeroar April 20, 2012 at 11:43 am #

You are so quirky! I love it :)

• Viciously Sweet April 20, 2012 at 11:56 am #

Oh thank you so much! That comment made me so happy. I enjoy sharing my joy with all the good people of the internet!

11. Jen April 22, 2012 at 12:02 am #

As you already know I’m a huge fan of toast….but you dressed as toast? Or anyone for that matter, awesome. But particularly you…excellent. :)

• Viciously Sweet April 23, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

Awww thanks ever so much! I think you too need a toast outfit… with a Vegemite tummy!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The Snail Mail of Joy! « Viciously Sweet - May 29, 2012

[…] few moons ago I made a fun and funky fresh doodle of Jen from one of the best blogs ever Sips of Jen and Tonic, because she had inspired a new dream for me. […]