Good Morning Internet.
I’ve been thinking about those beautiful/hilarious things that you hear when people dedicate songs to someone they are crazy for.
The dj always has a silky 1940s smoking actress voice, and makes even the most disturbing love stories seem magical. For Example (please read the following with that sassy narrator voice in mind):
“Salvador, Erin cares so much for you, that she has asked to dedicate ‘Bryan Adam’s Heaven’ to you to celebrate your 4 day anniversary.”
“This is 18 with a bullet, to Smokey out in San Quentin from Sad Eyes in Monterey Park”
Either one shows the awesome dedication that people have for one another.
Today let’s dedicate some songs to Isabel!
I am going to post 5 songs that would make Isabel mildly to incredibly uncomfortable if you dedicated them to her on radio stations. Give them a try, I will even give you the intro to them… remember its Isabel from San Diego.
1. “Yes hello, this is Lauren and I want to dedicate a song that means so much to my friend Isabel… it will always remind her of that time we stayed up and watched ‘Centerstage’ in the middle of the night after being in a bus while trying to fix our friends t-shirt from exposing her boob while our Physics teacher slept.” (This is not too oddly specific)
SOME MANDY MOORE SONG
2. “This song is dedicated to Isabel, And she knows why”
3. “For as long as Isabel’s and my lives have intertwined I can not imagine a better song to describe her. This is for you Isabel”
GETTING JIGGY WITH IT
4. “Just the thought of being dedicated this R.Kelly Song will make Isabel feel like the only girl in the world.”
YOU REMIND ME OF SOMETHING
5. “This song was written about her by her truest, gingeriest love. A love like theirs is forever and magical… like a unicorn walking during sunset on the beach of love”
Today on the 26th anniversary of Isabel. I bring to you these 26 fun Isabel facts:
1. She is not a leprechaun.
2. She likes science.
3. She is most likely going to go to Clay’s Place for her birthday. Giggle Giggle.
4. The only t-shirts she owns are Weezer Shirts
5. She locks cats out of her room… when they are lonely.
6. She no longer murders in the name of science (Bonus)
7. She really likes Science!
8. She likes to watch Disney movies, that have questionable morals.
9. She has curly hair!
10. Has never entered a Jennifer Lopez look-alike contest… Mostly because she does not look like Jennifer Lopez
11. She also doesn’t look like George Lopez.
12. Has never been to Spain, although she believes I was there for like half a year.
13. She has dreamt of being the proud owner of a monster truck station wagon since her early teens.
14. She would never steal a seal… no matter how nicely you ask.
15. She really likes to listen to 90’s pop on Pandora… they play Hanson!
16. Has coupons to the zoo… she can get a discount on ICE CREAM!
17. Is the muse for many songwriters… but mostly for American Idol alumni’s, Yes you Lee Dewyze.
18. She is deathly afraid of “sticky residue”. Right now she just read “sticky residue” and shuddered…
19. She can tell you the precise location of the “fishin” rock
20. She doesn’t watch 30 Rock… but I forgive her.
21. She is going to start using words like “trolley” and “brilliant” due to British peer pressure.
22. She knows what kurflurgees are and she knows how to use them.
23. She is the only person who has ever completed the Oregon trail everyday… on the way to school (She lost so many oxen…)
24. She was once momentarily blinded by science. It was like poetry in motion.
25. Has been pasty way before Vampires became trendy!
26. She is probably thinking about Rivers Cuomo right now… see, I am right.