Here comes the fear

10 Apr

Sometimes I look around and wonder when it will be better? Not that I don’t appreciate my current existence. I mean the wondering and future-casting is just a normal thing. It’s something we all do, because we all aspire to more. I mean I’m not a Disney character, so my wishes are more than like becoming a ‘real girl’ or putting an end to the terror of Rattigan.

(On an interesting sidenote: I’m super preparing for my family’s visit here this spring, trying to find movies that won’t terrify my nieces– Great Mouse Detective… probably not interesting to a 4 year old.)

Anyways, I have a friend who is really actively decided to change their life majorly. And I super respect that… it’s just makes me think that maybe I should be doing some things in the world. More than helping cashiers find a pen, or sending thank you notes to people who cut my hair and sell me flowers for my hair. I just don’t know what to do first… get my architecture license? Work on selling my doodley-crafts to people? Become an entertainer at children’s parties? Hire a private investigator to find every Waldo (just to get my bases covered)?

There is just so much to do. But tonight, I think I’m going to try to learn how to use my new camera… so I can take unblurry pictures with it.

(Bonus Points for people who know where I borrowed that background from!)

♥Lauren

19 Responses to “Here comes the fear”

1. Ruby Tuesday April 10, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

My little girl loved “The Great Mouse Detective” — or, as she called it, “The Great Mouse Detectabit” — when she was around that age, actually.

(And I get bonus points, though I won’t spoil the fun by giving it away!)

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 9:29 am #

Yay! Bonus points to you! Also I love when kids say things so incorrectly and so cute!
      And other suggestions? I don’t want to traumatize my niece. I declared my house a no “Never Ending Story” Zone!

2. Jen and Tonic April 10, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

THE OFFICE!!!!!

It sounds like you’re going through a transitional period. If you want to do something, do it now while you’re still young and don’t have things holding you back. Adventure is good for the human spirit.

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 9:30 am #

I think I’m up for one Jen!
      Also I am so proud of you and this bloggers conference! I think its an incredible thing!

• Jen and Tonic April 11, 2013 at 10:09 am #

Are you going? PLEASE say you’re going!

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 11:23 am #

I’m still working on it, I would love to go!

• Jen and Tonic April 11, 2013 at 11:39 am #

YAY!!!

• Jen and Tonic April 11, 2013 at 10:09 am #

Oh, and feel free to submit a logo idea if you were thinking about it No pressure, but I bet you would have a cute one :)

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 11:43 am #

Great idear! I have been having some problems with drawing ideas. Let’s get this drawing happening!

• Jen and Tonic April 11, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

YES!!!! Let your imagination run wild. You always bring your A-game so if you submit I’m sure it’ll be great :)

3. Anette @ The blog formerly known as Ink. April 10, 2013 at 6:14 pm #

Fabulous yachtswoman cardigan!!
    Are you familiar with Talk Talk’s “Life’s what you make it”?

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 9:36 am #

That cardigan is actually very real, and I wear it ever so often to my non nautical office :)
      And I am not familiar with the song, but I’m listening to it right now and it’s lovely. Thanks so much!

4. The Hook April 11, 2013 at 5:08 am #

Good luck with the new camera!
    Best to take things one step at a time, I always say…

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 9:39 am #

Yeah, It takes wide angle pictures, and close ups, and well I need to practice… like half of the pictures I took were super blurry!
      I’m screwed unless… I can just say that they are “art”

• The Hook April 11, 2013 at 9:52 am #

That should work….

5. Pixie Girl April 11, 2013 at 6:00 am #

Hmm… your office? ;)

And, you know, I suffer from that fear too…

• Viciously Sweet April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am #

Your answer is pretty much right :)
      Except I don’t even have anyone as cool as Dwight here.
      Thanks for the comment Pixie Girl, I hope someday we are very passionate and have boats!

6. Season April 12, 2013 at 10:58 am #

Hildi really loves Power Rangers right now and anything Disney – she doesn’t get too scared :) AND I just took a class on how to use my camera, so we can take tons of pics in May…woooowhooo! Can’t wait to see you and discuss all of your “life changes!:)” Love ya!

• Viciously Sweet April 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm #

I like those things too! Hildi and I are really happening!!! I was just worried she was going to hate it in our boring ole’ house!
      And I so need to take a photography class too! And yes, I have had a lot of “life changes” I guess… but I am just excited to see you guys!