Going to the Doctors & Being a Mutant w/ Lauren

30 Jan

Today I have to go to the doctor, and much like everyone in the entire universe… I never want to go to there, because its the worst.

There is nothing wrong with me, and no one to my knowledge is putting me in the nice crazy house, but still I don’t want to go.

It’s mostly because if I am away from my computer, I’m not inclined to sit there staring into my phone in the waiting room. I usually choose to draw or read a tangible book, which in a waiting room makes the eyes glare upon you like you are dressed in medieval costume on a bus crazy. Try it sometime, and you will discover those prying eyes make you  practically a waiting room mutant. Then coyly (socially awkward style in reality) I glance back at them, and even their 3 year old kids are on iphones and tablets… or playing with life size Mr. Belvedere robots… seriously.

But, I digress… I think this whole waiting room conundrum could be fixed if doctors were more fun:

I’m getting ready to go sit and wait.

♫Lauren

10 Responses to “Going to the Doctors & Being a Mutant w/ Lauren”

1. Jen and Tonic January 30, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

I like to play “guess that disease” with the other waiting room patients. “Next up is Lady in a Blue Blazer. Does her cough indicate: (a) a cold or (b) asthma or (c) she ate too many chicken wings at TGIFriday’s?”

• Viciously Sweet January 30, 2012 at 11:14 pm #

There were a few people I was worried about. I mean, really sweaty heavy set guy did boggle my mind. I like to imagine he ate the spiciest burrito and was suffering some incredible heart burn, the spiciest kind of burn. But he could have had a fever… both cases being highly plausible, I stayed far from him and doodled like the mutant I am.

2. trjensen January 30, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

I nominated you for an award; you’ll find the rules here:http://narcissistsblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/this-sht-is-bananas/

Congratulations!

• Viciously Sweet January 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

I feel like I’m 30 Rocking this year with all the nominations! Thanks!

3. Maxim January 31, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Careful…. the giggles is no laughing matter………………………………………..HAH.

• Viciously Sweet January 31, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

But it is contagious! I totally have the guys at my work giggling like pre-teen girls most of the time. So watch out!

4. The Hook February 8, 2012 at 4:36 am #

Mutants rule!
    If they’re X.men, that is!

5. dapperdolly February 9, 2012 at 8:42 am #

A Mr. Belvedere robot would be something! I love those Clifton Webb movies! The waiting room is always an awkward place, best to take your own reading material.

• Viciously Sweet February 9, 2012 at 9:16 am #

It’s one of those places where… you know the wait will feel 40X longer than it actually is.