Sprinkler dreams and Prank Nightmares

18 Sep

Today at lady lunch (a lunch consisting of just Amber and me) I was talking to the waitress. And let’s just be honest, she’s our favorite in the history of ladies who bring us food. So I was telling her it’s been such a long work week. She told me “It’s only Tuesday.” And I responded “still being haunted from last week.”

And boy am I.

I pulled a little tiny harmless baby prank last week, and it did not go over well. I have a certain coworker who is now mad at me because he may have been made the background of our office laptop with a slogan about his *ahem* professionalism, and it may have even been this picture (which makes a stunning background, btw)… and fancy people may have seen it, even though he was supposed to be using it to measure a building… and not showing the computer about to people. *throat clearing sound* I mean was that really that bad? I would have joked the embarrassment away personally… *mmm hmmm*

Well, there isn’t a super lot I can do about that right now… but I can segue into a better subject with the help of my good friend the ellipsis…

…The weather is changing like crazy here, which is also something I have no control over. In California the fall can be incredibly hot, and then incredibly cold. Today is a mildly warm day and because I have been cramped in a cubicle for so long… I have a dream to get home, turn on the sprinklers… and then run like hell through those sprinklers:

And while I dash through that sprinkler I will listen to this song, and not melt the night away:

♫Lauren (the lady version of Jim Halpert)

7 Responses to “Sprinkler dreams and Prank Nightmares”

1. Cakes McCain September 19, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Is there a California state law that says all women in all recent music videos of this genre must be in bikinis or showing thier tits? (maybe I am getting old). Bring back the 80’s. ;)

• Viciously Sweet September 19, 2012 at 11:34 am #

I totally agree with you! I think I’m going to work out a strategy to get the 80s back. But without those shirts that say “Choose Life” of “Frankie Says Relax”.

• Cakes McCain September 20, 2012 at 11:39 am #

How about “Frankie says take a Zanex!” hahahaha! wear THAT one to work…. and please no terry cloth headbands. ;)

• Viciously Sweet September 21, 2012 at 10:50 am #

That is a great modern twist on it. Let me go get some white short shorts to complete the look!

• Cakes McCain September 22, 2012 at 12:24 am #

And we need to think of something to print on the ass of those shorts besides “juicy!” :P

• Viciously Sweet September 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

I don’t often think about what to write on my buns too often… When I was a teenager I wanted “your name” tattooed on it. I have since decided that wasn’t a good idea.

• Cakes McCain September 24, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

That’s awesome. but yeah… not a good idea!