My inner Jenna Rink

25 Sep

I have some art to work on after work so I’m going to make sure I have a Lauren-y movie to watch tonight and it’s all about “13 going on 30” tonight. No matter how many times I see it, I always get sucked in to all the fun and joys of Jenna Rink dealing with being a grown up.

I always find myself relating to Jenna. I somehow feel like the rest of me grew up and left my brain somewhere else. I mean I just learned today that Shepard’s pie is a meat pie, and not a pie made by a Shepard (and I’m envisioning one of the guys who hangs out with baby Jesus here.) And that is really just the tip of the iceberg of things I don’t get, that everyone already knows.

And that dream house…

Oh, I still want it. I don’t know if it’s because I’m working on being a licensed architect and I love movie houses… or just because I want some of that wishing dust, and to have a slumber party with my girlfriends where we sing Pat Benatar songs until we pass out.

Anyways I have some art to make and some Mark Ruffalo to watch. So just remember:

Lauren

11 Responses to “My inner Jenna Rink”

1. La La September 25, 2012 at 6:01 pm #

Lauren, I LOVE that movie. I know what I’m watching this weekend! Enjoy!

• Viciously Sweet September 26, 2012 at 9:06 am #

It’s totally recommended. It was the best decision I made yesterday! I feel so happy after watching it, also now I want to dance to Thriller and have a piña coladas today!

2. Cakes McCain September 25, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

I just watched this AGAIN with a student of mine 2 days ago, I love it! (so did she – she is 14. Can u believe this film never made it here?)
    And do you get “Yorkshire pudding?” I don’t. It’s not even pudding. What a sham!
    Definitely Wang Chung tonight!…

• Viciously Sweet September 26, 2012 at 9:11 am #

I cannot believe such a wonderful film did not make it over there. I think it’s like one of the best girlie movies of the last decade, I don’t think I would be where I am right now without the knowledge of Jenna Rink. I still hope that when I’m 30 I’m flirty and thriving. But I still really want that pink house from the end of the movie (complete with Mark Ruffalo).

And also I had to google “yorkshire pudding” and it is bread like and puffy and and also served with meat… and is not pudding at all! Who names these things?!?

• Cakes McCain September 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

The British.
        (hahaha!)

• Viciously Sweet September 26, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

I guess so… they also names a city “Bitchfield” so they can name lots of things poorly.

3. trjensen September 25, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

I can relate to Jenna too. I often feel like some aspects of my emotional self hasn’t caught up with the rest of me.

• Viciously Sweet September 26, 2012 at 9:20 am #

I think we all feel that way! We’re expected to be a certain way when we “grow up”, but sometimes we just aren’t. I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing, it’s one of the great things that makes us different. Someday soon we will figure it out, and when we do all the bad things will just be a quick anecdote in the stories of our existence.
      ♥ you Teri!

4. Tilly Bud - The Laughing Housewife September 27, 2012 at 7:59 am #

Everybody have fun tonight!
    Everybody wang chung tonight!

That takes me back. They don’t write ’em like they used to ;)

• Viciously Sweet September 27, 2012 at 8:34 am #

I agree. I listen to 80s tunes everyday at work, they are just so much fun. I couldn’t get through a week without wham!
      Thanks for dropping by Tilly!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The Grudge « Viciously Sweet - February 20, 2013

[…] teen years. From the look on her face I know she recognizes me too, and so with the enthusiasm of Jenna Rink I approach her with a big warm […]