The Eternal Sunshine of My Spotless Mind

27 Sep

Some people are happy people. I have a confession… I am one of those happy people.

I know many of you are gasping, because your like… can that really be true? Does that mean all her giggles aren’t lies? Does that mean her sketchbook is really full of kittens and an occasional unicorn? Do you really not sit around all serious like a … professional?

The answer my dear readers is… YES!

And above all, I hope you have gleaned that I’m a huge dork, and unapologetic for it. I realize that most people who had a job that didn’t pay them much, and living with your parents after living without them for 5 years would not be as chipper as me. But sometimes we have to just appreciate it, we may not have all we want but what we have is good. And I’m not talking about settling for what we have (we all know how I feel about settling.)

But sometimes we can wear really pretty shoes, listen to some tunes that totally rock our world (Shout out to the Cure) and just appreciate a nice fall day. And that is what I choose to do today. For some reason I feel that today life is extra beautiful. Maybe it’s because I watched my favorite movie this week, maybe it’s because I’m an “adult” cherishing my new Hello Kitty wallet, maybe it’s because tonight I’m eating chicken. Mostly, it’s because I am in love with how I feel, when I feel optimistic about my future. I hope you find something beautiful today that makes you realize how wonderful the world is:

And if you need a little boost to give you some more happy read this article. Every time I do, I find something instantly to be happy about. Friends, smiling, music and sex… you really cannot go wrong reading it. It will make you want to take the boat of happiness the world sends you and sail about with joy in your heart!

Lauren

13 Responses to “The Eternal Sunshine of My Spotless Mind”

1. Jen and Tonic September 27, 2012 at 10:02 pm #

I love your attitude! The world needs more people like you :)

By the way, LOVE the new banner on your page.

• Viciously Sweet September 28, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Thanks so much Jen!
      I think the world could use more imaginative and funny people like you, too! You totally made my Friday. And I hope you have a FANTA-STICK day too!

2. Arjun Sharma September 28, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Lauren u really are a happy person :D ur blog beams with happiness and joy. if u ask me we could use more people in the world like u :D loved the doodle, especially that cat fishing with its tail :P

• Viciously Sweet September 28, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Thank you so much Arjun!
      That is so sweet to say. I like to know I can bring happy to people!

And my cat wishes he could really fish with his tail, when I look at him I can see he’d love to live a life on the sea…

• Arjun Sharma September 28, 2012 at 10:20 am #

hehe yeah i get that. i had a cat once. gotta say cats love their fish.

3. The Hook October 5, 2012 at 11:49 am #

I envy your natural state, young lady!

4. kawashimadesigns October 28, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

You are quite awesome! Keep sending out the happy vibes! You cheer me up quite a bit.

• Viciously Sweet October 29, 2012 at 9:18 am #

Aww thank you! Happiness is the best contagious thing ever!
      I hope you being online means you have some new posts up at your site!

• kawashimadesigns October 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm #

Ha! yeah I’ve been away for awhile…again. But I’m fighting not to let this blog die. Will try to post more often.

• Viciously Sweet October 30, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Well, we all get busy! I am glad to know you were still drawing though. I was worried you were too busy with life to make your lovely art.

• kawashimadesigns October 30, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Hopefully that will never happen.

• Viciously Sweet October 30, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

I hope not! You have a true gift!
        Draw on Doodle Brother :)