Crimes Against Professionalism

29 Oct

Today I accidentally put the subject line as a CC:’d correspondent. This is a big problem, not just because the email would send me one of those undeliverable pings, and everyone would see my error… But because of the “Proclamation of Professionalism”

That means there is a “Professional” imposed  moratorium of my mischief at work while our new coworker acclimates to the environment, that means not mentioning the 3 Professional NoNo’s:

1. Oprah

2. Doodling/This website

3. No excess giggling, etc.

The lack of these 3 things totally activated the Lame-o-meter in my brain. So until I am released.. my next posts will be from professional prison. Where I spend my time whittling architectural scales, cleaning up the world’s filthiest kitchenette and of course singing rad 1980s/ early 90s songs (they can’t take those from me):

Someday, I will be free again to doodle and cavort around… And then I shall sing “I wanna dance with somebody” for all the office to hear!

Until then… I will work on my underground doodles…

♥Lauren

6 Responses to “Crimes Against Professionalism”

1. Jen and Tonic October 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

NOBODY puts Lauren in the corner!

• Viciously Sweet October 30, 2012 at 9:23 am #

I wish you were here in my office right now to pluck me from my musical and dance with me about the office to “Time of My Life”… but not the Black Eyed Peas version.

• Jen and Tonic October 30, 2012 at 9:29 am #

That version of the song is a crime against humanity

• Viciously Sweet October 30, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

Agreed. The first time I heard it I thought it was a punishment for my sins.

2. The Hook October 30, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Do you get conjugal visits in professional prison?

• Viciously Sweet October 30, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

I’m in solitary cubeical-finement over here. And with my coworkers being the only ones around me here… I would politely decline.