I’m a Crepe… Oh I’m a weirdo

1 Mar

Sometimes the world is beautiful. Last night I went out with Nancy and her awesome coworkers. We dressed fancy went to Mad Men shindig and ate delicious crepes.

Need I say we were the most fancy people in all of Los Angeles last night. Dressed like we were in the 1960s looking fresh & fabulous:

Me, Edric, and Leslie being retro-rific! And the Photo was taken by Tang herself!

Now, looking on the bright side of things, we shall not focus on the fact that we as a group did not get to see Jon Hamm (a devastaion of a lifetime… am I right?) I’m thinking I still have a chance of breaking a dream catcher and hoping Sergio pops up:

Courtesy of: Sydrified

Oooh Jon Hammm. Oh wait, I was changing the subject… I was so excited for my crepe from the Farmers Market that I wanted to inhale it, and also cushioned the blow of the Hamm absence.

Let me tell you how I feel about crepes, the very thought of crepes makes me all smiley (fun factL so does Jon Hamm). I love when they make them and they look like pastry records… and when they are all put together they are like little pieces of heaven with sprinkly sugar on it. Also I like to sing my Crepe infused version of the Radiohead classic “Creep” when I get them too…

This is an artists rendering of me with my crepe:

Nancy’s coworker Edric had a crepe too. However, poor poor Tangy & Leslie gave dessert up for Lent. They were real Troopers though. I nearly hit Tangy with sugar and nutella as I flung my crepe at her in my excitement. Tangy thankfully is easily amused by tea:

(Also I need to make a Leslie doodle, But I need to make it right… Soon, Leslie!)

But the night was lovely, my crepe was delicious and it was a success because we had fun. And nobody was maimed in any of the incidents that occurred (LA traffic can hurt in so many ways).

And also it enlightened me and now I’m thinking of becoming a crepe spokesperson too… Here’s my first advertisement:

And that's like 100% of Lauren's! This Ad was paid for by Lauren's Right to Crepe foundation

When was the last time you had a crepe? Because I think the answer should be… RIGHT NOW!

♫Lauren (the best advertiser of Crepe’s ever!)

14 Responses to “I’m a Crepe… Oh I’m a weirdo”

1. Jen March 1, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Is it ok if I say I think you’re ripe with fabulousness??? Not just starting to bloom with fabulousness….but ripe with it. Here’s why…
    1. You totally rock the 60’s look. Fab dress, fab hair, fab shoes. Me likey!
    2. You make eating a crepe sound like the event of the year!
    3. You’re friends with other fabulous looking people!

I did visit LA once and never did I see such fabulous people! I did however fall asleep on the beach and get a third degree sunburn.

• Viciously Sweet March 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

OMG. You just made me feel like the fanciest girl in all of Fancyville! I’m sorry about your trip to LA, no one has ever been emerged unscathed by falling asleep in the sun, its a fact. And, I hope the next time you come to LA its just the fanciest thing you could imagine!

• Jen March 1, 2012 at 9:05 pm #

LOL…Fancyville!

I did eat a churro whilst in LA…my first one ever. It could possibly have been the highlight. Well except for using the toilet in the hotel where Pretty Woman was made.

• Viciously Sweet March 2, 2012 at 8:44 am #

Churro’s are a great way to spend time in LA! I still revel in the fact I went to school near where they film the Office, and Scrubs.

2. trjensen March 1, 2012 at 10:19 pm #

You may be the cutest girl I have ever known in my entire life. I wish we lived closer to each other. Your posts always make me smile.

• Viciously Sweet March 2, 2012 at 8:49 am #

Oh Wow! Thank you, you are too nice! I’m so happy the internet let us find each other! I learn so very much from you and your posts!

3. Tilly Bud March 2, 2012 at 6:40 am #

You all look great!

I recently ate savoury crepes in France for the first time (first time in France; first savoury crepe; first time eating a savoury crepe in France. Where was I?)

• Viciously Sweet March 2, 2012 at 8:51 am #

Thank you. Also, I want to eat a crepe in France! I’ve been there once too, but now I feel a need to re-crepe authentically. :)

4. daterofboys March 2, 2012 at 7:41 am #

All I want now are chocolate, strawberry, and ice cream crepes. And Creep is in my head. Friday just got better :)

5. Jen and Tonic March 2, 2012 at 10:44 am #

I love crepes! Someday I should open up a food cart and call it The Crepe Escape.

Your depiction of crepe consumption perfectly illustrates what I look like after every meal.

• Viciously Sweet March 2, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

I will be the first in line for Crepe Escape. I will have bells on. I can’t wait!

6. ashleysthought March 4, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Very cute. I like to pretend I’m rich also. You’ve been tagged! http://ashleysthought.com/2012/03/04/on-playing-by-the-rules/