I’ve been waiting for this moment all my Dorky life!

16 Mar

The following is a true story, and a testament to how dorky I am.

So I was driving a few days ago from work. I’m feeling pretty icky as I am living through cold-a-palooza (the world’s longest cold). I flip through the radio station, and is it? Could it really be? Is it really, Phil Collins?

A lexicon of feelings surge through me…

My inner thoughts scream: Yes! This is so thrilling!

So I crank Β my radio as loud as it will play… Like I’m listening to a low-rider jam! And this guy pulls up to me and starts smiling and making flirty faces with me… until:

At first I’m pretty sure he thought it was the older man behind me… but, no it was me. And anyways if he can’t handle Phil Collin’s then he would never be able to handle all the Hall & Oates I listen to.

And I that is how I recently was protected by the power of DORK!

β™«Lauren

18 Responses to “I’ve been waiting for this moment all my Dorky life!”

1. Cakes McCain March 16, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

he was probably intimidated by your epic-cool taste in music! xo

• Viciously Sweet March 16, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Totally his loss… he didn’t even see me do my air drum solo! :)

• Cakes McCain March 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

oh! just like Mike Tyson in The Hangover!

• Viciously Sweet March 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

Hahaha! I try to refrain from punching people after the drum solo though!

• Cakes McCain March 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

hahaha! cheers!

2. Jen and Tonic March 16, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

A man who doesn’t like Phil Collins or Hall & Oates isn’t worth your time!!

• Viciously Sweet March 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

I know! I think this makes me want to tell someone “If you don’t like Genesis, I won’t be Collins you!” Oh, Phil Collins’ puns!

3. Jueseppi B. March 17, 2012 at 4:09 am #

I never heard of that Phil Collins cut until Miami Vice.

• Viciously Sweet March 17, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

I think the whole situation would have been cooler if I was driving a car like the one in Miami Vice!

• Jueseppi B. March 17, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Ahhhhh…you dug me out of the spam folder. I have wanted to tell you for weeks how fantastic I think your talent is. But WordPress has classified me as a large can of potted pork parts and sends my comments straight to the spam folder of select blogs. Such is my life in the bloggersphere.

Your art is magnificent. Your writing style is stunning. Please continue to be you.

Glad I found you through Lafemmeroar’s blog.

• Viciously Sweet March 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

Thank you so much! Maybe the wordpress thinks you’re Hawaiian and just chalk full of spammy goodness!

Anywho thank you for the comment… it totally made my day!

• Jueseppi B. March 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

Good, then my mission is complete. What man does not want to make a gorgeous artist have a made day?

Ciao Bella Ms. Sweet.

4. Jen March 18, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

You totally got that song stuck in my head after I read your blog! You know one day you’ll pull up next to a guy and he’ll be in mid air drum solo and you know….that’s the flirty face guy for you.

5. The Hook March 21, 2012 at 11:28 am #

You have to be the cutest dork I’ve ever laid eyes on, young lady!

• Viciously Sweet March 21, 2012 at 2:41 pm #

Aww shucks. Thanks so much, I’m feeling quite special!

6. kelsgonebush March 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Phil Collins is awesome and by the way out of all of his stuff this is my fav ;) – I get some funny looks driving along in my rusty ol’ troop carrier belting out all my 80s classics – glad to see im not alone ;D

• Viciously Sweet March 22, 2012 at 9:18 am #

Nice to know I’m not alone! I’m sure all the people who are looking at you are ashamed that they aren’t rad enough to sing the best songs ever aloud in the streets!