Missfit VS the Boys Club

8 May

I am a little weird. I am 26, I like to listen to Phil Collins at work, I am pop culture obsessed, I can talk in song titles (shout out to Jen & Tonic), and I have a cubicle that can rival the childishness of any Pixar employee. Problem is I don’t work for Pixar. I work in the “real world” and the “real world” is not like that Matchbox 20 music video with the same name.

The real world is kind of serious, and also has stupid social rules. Like no limbo-ing during the 9-5. Or actually maybe just my office. It’s such a boys club up in this office that it’s very obvious that sometimes me and the Amber just don’t really get what’s happening.

I think our new sashes demonstrate this:

I think there is nothing we can do except create an X-Men like community… I’m going to say I want to be Jubilee she gets a yellow jacket.
β™₯ and Lollipops,
Lauren

10 Responses to “Missfit VS the Boys Club”

1. Jen May 9, 2012 at 4:02 am #

Allllllllll the time my dear trans-atlantic, time travelling twin. OR….is it us that really have it figured out and the rest of them just don’t belong? I prefer to think of it like that. Keep that limbo fever alive!!!

• Viciously Sweet May 9, 2012 at 8:56 am #

Oh Jen, you have the best insights! I do so much enjoy being silly and mischievous! Hopefully I can get someone around here to come over to the ‘silly side’.

• Jen May 9, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

Mwahahahaheeeeeeee (that’s an evil laugh mixed with silly). I agree, life is serious enough. Why make it more serious? I say more colour, more laughter, more ridiculous behaviour….just because! (And if people resist, we have unlimited supplies of woopie cushions).

• Viciously Sweet May 10, 2012 at 9:28 am #

That laugh is very “Jokeresque,” but I love it.
        And I totally agree on having as much fun as possible, because if we didn’t have fun life would be a real drag! After reading your comment, I’m thinking of investing in a joy buzzer… :)

2. The Hook May 9, 2012 at 5:27 am #

Weird is hot! That’s what I think anyway…

• Viciously Sweet May 9, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Thank you, sir! I would like to think weird is at the very least, not boring.

3. daterofboys May 9, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Come work here – my office is somewhat like Pixar…there’s even a slide! And we had a water gun fight last year (yes, near the computers and electricity).

• Viciously Sweet May 9, 2012 at 9:28 am #

I’m in! I will also bring fun dip, assorted mustaches, and other necessary props!

4. Jen and Tonic May 9, 2012 at 10:42 pm #

*pounds fist to chest* MAD PROPS!

My last job was nothing BUT misfits, and it was great. Just a lot of weirdos walking around with sashes.

• Viciously Sweet May 10, 2012 at 9:30 am #

That would have been a sight to behold. Miss-fit, Miss-chief, and Miss-cellaneous all in one place!