Every Pot has it’s Lid

8 Nov

So many people who know me know I like funny things… and that includes funny people.

My love of 2012, Amy Poehler has inspired me in so many ways this year, and although she herself has had a trying year. She just keeps making things better for everyone.

She has these really great videos for girls, and she sincerely gives stellar advice. But good advice is really just good advice, so have a watch right here:

In this video, after I dried my tears on the closest carpet samples. I realized Amy shared a really beautiful saying in the video.

“Every Pot has a lid.”

every. single. pot.

Now I know this saying is probably old fashioned and directed from grandmothers to girls they deemed spinsters at 21. But as a girl who usually feels like a unicorn trying to board Noah’s Ark, I totally get it. And someday when looking through the mounds of mismatched lids, I will find one that works. I think everybody will. So needless to say, I found this saying really wonderful. It’s sweet and I think it makes a really cute doodle:

And remember one more thing that I have learned from Amy that is so, so important:

“No one looks stupid when they’reΒ having fun.”

– Amy “the love of my 2012” Poehler

Go out in the world and be wonderful.

β™₯Lauren

7 Responses to “Every Pot has it’s Lid”

1. nikkix2 November 8, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

So true :)

2. Lafemmeroar November 10, 2012 at 10:27 am #

I just love this post so much that I’m going to tweet it! Also … luv this line:

You’re awesome :)

• Viciously Sweet November 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

Thanks ever so much! I am so glad the internet has given me the opportunity to find gals and guys who really get it.

Unicorn power!

• Lafemmeroar November 11, 2012 at 10:30 pm #

don’t forget Crazy Chick power! :)

3. Jen and Tonic November 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

I consider myself Tina Fey! They are so besties in real life. You are the Amy to my Tina. Why doesn’t that surprise me>

• Viciously Sweet November 11, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

That is really great! I would like totally be thrilled to be the Amy Poehler to your Tina Fey. We can take over the world with our girlish charms!

This makes me want to party:
      tina fey and amy poehler

• Jen and Tonic November 12, 2012 at 12:48 am #

YES!! This picture wins the internets.