STOP! Drawing Time!

2 May

I’ve been feeling a little scattered lately. My thoughts are racing, and I cannot even keep up with the ideas that I have swirling around in my noggin. So I keep telling myself, just write down your ideas in a clear manner and you can make the doodles later…

Then I look at my paper and it’s riddled with these half thought mysteries like: “Lobster show” or “that weird thingy” or “Snuffleupagus” and I have no idea what I was supposed to draw that was at the time so very awesome.

So I have learned that when I want to draw something I should stop everything I’m doing and draw. Just. Stop. Everything. This is great for doodles, but it may affect my work/life quality:

I hope I never want to draw something when I’m driving.

β™«Lauren

11 Responses to “STOP! Drawing Time!”

1. The Awkward List May 3, 2012 at 1:08 am #

OH Lauren! If only you knew..

Your posts make my day! They kinda make me want to buy you a cookie (or a cup of coffee as normal people would say) –heck, BOTH! Because anyone who tags their post with “weird thingy” is just plain awesome, haha.

Edwin

• Viciously Sweet May 3, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Thank you. I just realized I have used that tag before! I hope I don’t get weird views on my site because of that… Oh, and I will also accept mozzarella sticks too!

2. Jen May 3, 2012 at 5:01 am #

Or when you’re administering CPR. Or when you’re in the shower and your hair’s all lathered. Or when you’re in the middle of flipping a pancake.

I happen to think your doodles are so doodle-rific, you should do a book or your own line of greeting cards. Now that’s worth soapy hair!

• Viciously Sweet May 3, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Those would be terrible situations to have to stop for doodle time. Also I think I should never become a pilot, or a train conductor…
      And, thanks! I’m always trying too figure out how to plague the world with my doodles :)

3. Sword-chinned bitch May 3, 2012 at 1:26 pm #

I’ve had this happen to me as a writer. I make little word notes then forget what I was supposed to flesh out!

• Viciously Sweet May 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

It’s the worst feeling ever, especially when you knew some of those ideas were quite promising. But, no use on dwelling.

Good luck with your writing too!

4. Jen and Tonic May 5, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

I feel this way about writing! I actually downloaded an app on my phone that will allow me to record my thoughts and easily push the mp3 to my e-mail. I have around 50 right now. The creative process never stops!

• Viciously Sweet May 5, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

Do they make sense when you revisit them? Or do you find that somewhere the messages turned cryptic like, “bird internet”?

• Jen and Tonic May 5, 2012 at 5:21 pm #

Some of the time they make sense, other times it just sounds like one of my other personalities got control of my phone.

• Viciously Sweet May 5, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Nice! The last note I wrote down was “hold on to your rams”…obviously, I need to hash that one out a little more.

5. The Hook May 9, 2012 at 5:28 am #

Hilarious title and cartoon!