The Lauren Way

11 Feb

So I’m all stuck at work today. And outside couldn’t be more beautiful. I know this is true, because I saw it at lunchtime while eating pudding in my coworkers car. That isn’t a weird thing…

So how can you deal with this cruel peek at the beautiful world a then return to your bleak little cubicle? You can handle it the Lauren Way! I just sit in my cubicle and make things cuter than they actually appear!

For example: Your plain old boring stapler? Try to make it yellow and then coordinate everything you can to it!

This is my stapler… my nails match it now, and so does my post-its. Someday it will look like the sun is coming from my cubicle, true story!

And doodles… well, just make sure they make something cuter than it actually needs to be:

This is how I get through tough times… I draw regular items as even cuter then they actually appear.

Oh, and Indulge in your silliness. You may not think it’s the best thing, career wise…and it may not get you as far as someone with a total stick up their butt and a jacket with straight up lapels… BUT, you won’t get bogged down in the junkiness of a regular work day, either. And sometimes the carpet sample guy will bring you a big throw rug just because you make work fun (that is a true story!)

Can you expect anyone else to be giggly and happy for you?

And soon enough it will be 5pm and you can go home and dance until you pass out. Oh darn, I think I just gave away my plans. Also I should study and draw more cute things. #ALLMYDREAMSAREWEIRD

♥Lauren

7 Responses to “The Lauren Way”

1. Cakes McCain February 11, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

Love it! perfect for a night of wang-chung-ing!

• Viciously Sweet February 11, 2013 at 7:56 pm #

I’m working on my night of Wang Chunging right now… And really hilariously kind of on that topic my new coworker said I live the life of Jenna Rink… and he’s hasn’t even seen this site yet! It must be a real thing!
      And btw Happy Non Holiday to you :)

2. SummerSolsticeGirl February 12, 2013 at 1:07 am #

I say, the Lauren Way is awesome

• Viciously Sweet February 12, 2013 at 9:53 am #

Thank you so very much!
      I am a big fan of the Lauren way, personally… it got me a fancy free pink shag carpet! And I enjoy pretty much everything… immensely.
      Also thanks for liking the blog Facebook style!

3. daterofboys February 12, 2013 at 8:46 am #

Great shade of bright, lemon yellow! My nails are a hot hot pink – they make me feel better :)

• Viciously Sweet February 12, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Ooh! What a fabulous color choice! They must brighten up any situation.
      I think you are inspiring my next weeks nails! I’ll paint them hot pink and call them “daterofboys” nails. So they have to be fantastic… and I’m thinking that means just a little glitter too :)

• daterofboys February 12, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

Love it! Photo when you do :)