(M)otters and (D)otters

22 May

I like to make people really excited about not really exciting things.

I consider it a talent.

Eating and growing vegetables, going to the optometrist, buying hairspray at pharmacy… I can make these things/events seem like the best thing that could ever happen to you. I mean have you been to a CVS… they have everything including hyper ugly statuary! And $.99 plates shaped like dog heads!

So let’s get back to the making people excited part of this story. My mom has been having a hard time with work lately (seriously does anyone like where they work right now?) And I decided in my own goofy gander way to cheer her up.

She doesn’t need any thing… because she makes the little mermaid look like a minimalist. I mean I have asked her to borrow a black sweater a few weeks ago and she has told me I have 8 options, not including the sparkly ones.

So I was like… what can I do to make her smile?

She doesn’t really seem like she wants to go out to a restaurant after she gets home. And seriously I am not into hearing critiques on my cooking (totally different story).

And then I was like… hmmm a doodle sounds great!

And then I remembered how much she loves sea otters. And I remembered how much I like puns. So I made her this:

She bought a frame to hang it up in her house. And yes the little otters are obviously me and my sister. Really great depictions too.

♥Lauren

And I’m big girl excited to take the next few days off and be a tourist in my own town. Stay-cation here we come!

7 Responses to “(M)otters and (D)otters”

1. Jen and Tonic May 22, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

You are so thoughtful! I love otters!!!

2. Pixie Girl May 22, 2013 at 11:46 pm #

Oh this is the sweetest!!!

3. Tony May 27, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Love the Doodle Sis! The little one looks just like you! :)

And I’m glad you took the stay-cation to hang out with me and my girls! It was so fun! We have to do it again sometime! Hopefully when we can get some child grade tranquilizers….

And meeting the real-life Jimmy and Nancy was great! :D

Have a great “rest” of the Holiday, and hopefully we can see you again soon.

Love you!

Tony

• Viciously Sweet May 29, 2013 at 8:45 am #

Oh Tony, I’m so glad you had fun. It was the best to spend a few days not at work!
      I hope you had lots of fun too! Next time I want to go to lego land!
      ♥Lauren

4. Season May 29, 2013 at 11:46 am #

Hope you enjoyed your “stay-cation” with us! We wanted to turn the plane around right after we landed! Love you and (grandm)otter very much! (and grampa too!)

• Viciously Sweet May 29, 2013 at 4:23 pm #

Oh you are so sweet. Next time we need time to have lady-adventures :)

5. The Hook May 30, 2013 at 11:30 am #

That’s a great talent, Lauren!