Ahoy there, me Closet!

8 Feb

There are many things that can be said about me. One of those things is I have a very certain style of clothing I am the most comfortable in. Now it’s not sweat pants outfits, or superhero capes or anything of that sort. I am sort of in a serious relationship with dresses. I actually have so many that I could go about a month with never having to wear a pant at all… and since I live in California… basically I live a dream pant-less existence.

Earlier this week my mother told me showed me a dress that looked a bit like a mid-century-modern-sailor.Β And since that is basically the style I go for, I told my mom she was pretty spot on. I loved it so much I had decided on purchasing it!

And then I realized the next day that I had a problem. I have 3 versions of that very dress and have no real need for that dress at all! As heart breaking as it is it would be silly to have 4 blue nautical inspired color block dresses*… unless of course I was going on a cruise on the love boat, and then everyday I would want to show up on the deck like the most convivial passenger on a boat (which I would be.)

But since I have to work in an office 30 minutes away from the beach… I mustΒ suppressΒ my nautical desires. But, I can still have my dreams…

Jolly Hollers,

Lauren

*I’m pretty much blaming my need for navy blue clothes on my 4 years at Catholic High School. It just goes so well with everything, and makes me feel spiffy. However Nuns, I still refuse to wear white socks…

18 Responses to “Ahoy there, me Closet!”

1. DKM Debbie February 8, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Dresses are so easy too. Cute post…

2. dapperdolly February 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

That’s really amazing, I have a number of dresses but rarely the ‘occasion’ to wear them and wear the same pairs of trousers all the time. I wouldn’t normally consider wearing dresses to work, sometimes a skirt but that’s rare too. Half of the reason is probably the weather though, it’s a fair bit colder in London.

Lol you could always sell or donate some of your nautical dresses and keep one or two just in case you boating :-)

3. Jen and Tonic February 8, 2012 at 11:41 pm #

I love anything that remotely resembles a nautical theme. I had four different shirts with anchors on them, two different blue and whit stripes shirts, and a strange hat which made me look like a captain. I don’t wear dresses, but I totally get the obsession.

• Viciously Sweet February 9, 2012 at 8:36 am #

Avast there Jen! I too love shirts with anchors on them! I like to wear them and pretend briefly that I’m Popeye (especially if I’m eating a salad) … but, I digress. I’m just glad to know that I’m not alone in my nautical obsession!

4. The Hook February 9, 2012 at 9:18 am #

Dresses are awesome! Too many people refuse to “dress up” these days!

• Viciously Sweet February 9, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Thanks.I love to try to dress nice… sometimes I get really excited to go out. And I put on a dress, and make my hair nice… and then my friends/ family say “Where do you think we’re going?”
      Then I say, “to Applebees of course.”

5. The Boy! February 12, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Hey, what this world sorely needs are girls dressed for musical nautical adventures. It would be such a happier place then. Yo ho ho ho….

• Viciously Sweet February 13, 2012 at 8:44 am #

That is what I think too!
      Personally I’m working on the number “Jolly Hollers.”

6. Jen February 12, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

Love it! I’m going through the same thing with skirts. But as I come from a place where its either cold and/or raining 11 1/2 months of the year, they are hard to come by. PS the sailor look rules!

• Viciously Sweet February 13, 2012 at 8:57 am #

I feel for your plight. Also since this post I have bought a white eyelet skirt, and this week is all scheduled for rain!

7. Natachasteven March 6, 2012 at 7:23 am #

sublime cette tenue!

8. unfetteredbs July 13, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

I hate gray and navy knee socks as well as oxford shirt thanks to 8 years of catholic schooling.. ugh. Nice blog :)

• Viciously Sweet July 16, 2012 at 11:20 am #

Hahaha, oh the years of Catholic school really do a number to us. I must say I know these aren’t trendy things, but nearly 10 years later I still feel comfy in an oxford shirt, as long as no one is checking my skirt length with a ruler…