Why I’m not taking Nyquil Anymore

15 Mar

I’ve been fighting a cold for the last week. And it has been brutal.

I have called all my old friends out to help me… Advil, benadryl, some Generic orange flavored cough syrup and even Nyquil.

Because of the magical cocktail of drugs I was taking. I was blessed with some of the most surreal and equal parts terrifying dreams ever. Volcanoes, giant corns crushing my house, 50 foot tall goats running away with my car… I was at the point where I was almost not able to sleep.  After testing out which drugs I took before I go to bed I discovered much like the detective in Clue it was… Nyquil! This cough syrup of doom was the culprit that had changed my joyous dreams, into a freakish playground of sleeplessness, and terrifying dreams of Bird Men (who are 75% men, 25% bird).

These “Bird Men” are for some reason the most terrifying thing my brain has ever created. (And I like birds). They were very tall men in suits with incredibly realistic bird heads… and even more scary, it was not a fake head! They all spoke perfect English, and I was the only one without a bird head. And when I tried to find my regular human friends I discovered that their apartments were full of these weird bird men who were dressed in fancy suits. These dreams went on for 4 days straight.

Needless to say, I’m not taking Nyquil after watching Mad Men ever again

bird man and I in the elevator... this was a lot scarier than it looks

♫Lauren

14 Responses to “Why I’m not taking Nyquil Anymore”

1. Jen and Tonic March 15, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

That would terrify me so much I’d never sleep again!

• Viciously Sweet March 15, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Thanks for agreeing… I was beginning to think I was crazy! Last night, I was so scared not only did I take nothing for my never-ending cold, but I swear I only slept an hour and a half because I was so afraid of dreaming.

2. Cakes McCain March 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

OMG that’s crazy! It sounds just like this art book I have – A week of Kindness, by surrelaist Max Ernst!!! Look! http://endless-swarm.com/?p=135

• Viciously Sweet March 15, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

Oh My Gosh! That is them! And in your link one of them has a knife!!! This is very concerning that other people think about these bird men too :)

3. TharpSter March 16, 2012 at 9:41 am #

Did these Bird Men have double Windsor knots?

• Viciously Sweet March 16, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Hahahahaha. I had to tell the office about this one. You sir, just made the best comment ever!
      (And I was too concerned with their giant bird heads to notice)

4. The Hook March 21, 2012 at 11:30 am #

Your twisted humor rocks hard, young woman! Take MORE Nyquil if this is the result!

• Viciously Sweet March 21, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Thanks! The next time I get a cold… I’ll sleep with a note pad next to me so I can remember all my Nyquil induced terrors!

5. Lafemmeroar November 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm #

You just might have a case against the makers of Nyquil for turning your dreams into nightmares. I was an avid taker of Nyquil … never dreamt of birdmen though. Tell me … were their schlongs at least human?

• Viciously Sweet November 11, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

I haven’t taken Nyquil since. And to answer your question… They were in fact, all man… They even had hairy chests ;)

• Lafemmeroar November 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Hmmm…. my twisted noodle is thinking all sorts of things right now :)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Things Just keep Getting Better! « Viciously Sweet - March 15, 2012

[…] have not had a Bird Man Dream since […]

2. Literary Cats « Viciously Sweet - June 6, 2012

[…] I have dreams. Sometimes those dreams are scary bird men. Sometimes they are about surprise […]

3. Day 11: 10 Blog Posts I Love « The Narcissist's Blog © - November 11, 2012