You Are So Professional to Meeeeeeeeeeee

15 May

Today I felt inspired by a coworker to get down with my inner Weird Al. I was going to take a song from popular culture and craft it to fill the void in this simple office environment.

I feel now like I’m in front of a crowd of fans on a smoky stage. I am crafting words into a precise moment. Capturing it and sharing it with the good people of the world. Now let me break it down to you those lyrics are to the Joe Cocker song “You are so Beautiful”. And that coworker… is the most professional one out there.

I’m sure he’d tell me not to post this because it will get him in trouble with other professionals out there, or some ladies or something. But, I cannot oblige in this must be shared because you Eric… are so Professional to me.

I can’t even make it to the end of the song without crying on my binder clips.

β™« He’s so proficient…. To me
He completed all his deadlines…. he even had TIIIIMMEEE to PROOFREEEEEAD”β™«

I have a feeling that Eric will not be amused by this, in fact when he sees this post I’m pretty sure this is going to be his reaction:

He may not be amused. But *tear tear* he’s so Professional (*tear) to meeeeeee

β™«Lauren

9 Responses to “You Are So Professional to Meeeeeeeeeeee”

1. Jen May 16, 2012 at 1:09 am #

Does it amuse you to know that this was actually my wedding dance song? Lol. Now when I hear it, instead of remembering a special moment under the twinkle lights with my husband, I’ll be thinking of the one and only professional. :)

• Viciously Sweet May 16, 2012 at 8:26 am #

I hope this isn’t ruining memories, but instead adding to them like the many layers of an onion. An onion of memories. ;)

• Jen May 16, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

Yeah…each one makes you cry more than the last. I’ve taken to wearing protective eyewear. :)

2. Tilly Bud May 16, 2012 at 1:45 am #

I think it’s fabulous!

3. TharpSter May 17, 2012 at 4:33 am #

You know, it’s quite a professional act to use ice breakers like this to foster good office relationships. Professional Eric should be proud.

• Viciously Sweet May 17, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Great Perspective on it! He’s like the Helen of Troy, but replace Troy with Professionalism. He inspires professionalism wherever he goes… there will be great wars waged over it!

4. Jen and Tonic May 22, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

EEEERRRIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!! He’s kind of an internet superstar thanks to you.

• Viciously Sweet May 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

That was one of my goals…. I have a feeling he will not appreciate this comment as much as I do!