The Relation Raft

2 Oct

Some people have relationships and all sorts of other ships.

I being a bit on the awkward side would like to take this time to announce that I don’t really do well in relationships… mostly because I have only have a makeshift raft of relations:

It stays afloat and everything… but it has no sides… it’s not really going to protect you from the water or sharks or anything. Actually it isn’t really helpful unless you need to be marooned on Gilligan’s Island… or you want to hang out with Tom Sawyer and Jim…

I think those last 2 sentences alone explain why I have a relation-raft.

Also the fact that today I am so excited to be able to stay at home by myself… Β explains a lot of it too. I mean I’ve just had something to do every night for the last 2 weeks… and tonight screams “Let’s wear sweatpants and watch romantic comedies while you illustrate.”

Any who happy Wednesday!

And how does everybody keep their relationships/rafts/buckets afloat?

β™₯Lauren

8 Responses to “The Relation Raft”

1. Leela October 3, 2013 at 6:56 am #

Hahaha re: what tonight screams :)

• Viciously Sweet October 3, 2013 at 8:40 am #

Well let me tell you Leela… it was totally fabulous!
      Now I may not even fall asleep at work today!

2. Season October 3, 2013 at 9:01 am #

The thing that keeps your brother and my relationship afloat is allowing one another “me time” and realizing that we are two individuals who are different, but share a life together. We both have changed somewhat since the beginning 10 years ago, but you have to be friends enough to accept those changes and be in love enough to make it work.

My advice, don’t WANT a relationship and don’t dream about the movie relationships – it will all work out!

• Viciously Sweet October 3, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

I love that I got actual advice!
      Thanks Season. I appreciate it. Right now I’m coloring jelly beans just thinking about how happy my future can be :)

3. The Hook October 3, 2013 at 10:06 am #

I’ve been married for 18 years now. I have no idea how we’ve made it work, but maybe that’s the key: just keep going and try not to question why things work, just remember to be grateful they do.

4. Cakes McCain October 3, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

I haven’t been in this one long, and thus far it’s functional. It’d say… Do fun things together and laugh as much as possible. :)

• Viciously Sweet October 3, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

I’m so happy for you Cakes!
      And thanks so much for the advice. I love laughing and fun things!