Jimmy and the Fashion Statement

27 Mar

I would like to think I’m a very fashionable girl. You know, if you are into girls who as my coworkers call me “Dress Like America.” And by that they mean, I wear a lot of nautical clothing.

My Current Fashion Icon: Mary Ann Summers from Gilligan’s Island. Yep, I’m only 45 years behind in fashion/ updates in clothing. But who else out there has 7 straw purses for various straw purse occasions?

But lately someone is crashing my fashion forefront and that is my dear friend Jimmy. He’s becoming the trendiest trendster out there, and no he’s not buying stove pipe hats, and he’s not becoming a Lincoln impersonator.

He’s forsaken izod’s and polo’s and started to dress more like a happening dude of the 1930s… because that is how Jimmy’s are. I think all this is fine and dandy until he sent me a picture of an overly striped jacket with extra stripes on it…

And then he told me it was $800. And when my brain regained consciousness it could only make this doodle:

So much money for a sweater that doesn't work in the cold!

I told him there are better things to do with $800. Like take a trip to Chicago, go to Santa Barbara for a few days… Buy 3,200 chicken nuggets… Join a gym for 5 years… Buy uncountable erasers… get 1,600 prizes from a $.50 machine… give me $800 dollars…. Because if you don’t have Kardashian loads of money… friends don’t let friends buy $800 sweaters.

So Jimmy… no, to that sweater.

♫Lauren

8 Responses to “Jimmy and the Fashion Statement”

1. kawashimadesigns March 27, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

woah! 800 dollars………………………………………………………………………………………

• Viciously Sweet March 27, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

I know! It’s seems a bit on the unnecessary side, doesn’t it? :)

2. Jen and Tonic March 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm #

I believe someone once wrote a song about this: “Jimmy crack corn and he don’t care about spending $800 on a sweater.” Or something like that.

I also just want to say if that Jimmy has enough money to buy an $800 sweater, he has enough money to be my sugar daddy. Call me!

• Viciously Sweet March 27, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Haha. You comment made me giggle so much. Jimmy will probably want to kill me for this, but he totally cannot afford to buy that sweater…. Unless he got like 3-7 new jobs.But he can dream :)

3. Jen March 27, 2012 at 7:18 pm #

What the heck is an izod?

I love that you’re all retro fitting a la 1960’s style. Have you checked out the modcloth website? It’s full of clothing one should pack if they’re going to get shipwrecked on a desert island in the 60’s. http://www.modcloth.com/

• Viciously Sweet March 27, 2012 at 10:49 pm #

Izod’s are these really ugly finely pleated kakhi pants that are popular with Preppy men in the 90s. You can see them in movies like “Clueless” and “10 things I hate about you”… They are so wrong!
      And on fun fashion I love modcloth! Fashion twins!

• Zen and Genki March 29, 2012 at 11:26 am #

Yay for modcloth!
        …and excellent post…very entertaining :)

• Viciously Sweet March 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm #